ECU MASTER LITE
For use in all types of motorcycles, oldtimers, go-karts, cars, motor-cross-seaters, simply for general use from hobby to professional racing and aircraft engines, turbines, cogeneration units, generating stations and other applications with 1, 2 and 4 cylinders. Easy installation and setup. Please note: the documentation is uniform for all ECU MASTER line!
MASTER LITE - HALL or INDUCTIVE ?
1) What type of engine pick up sensor is used
Inductive - passive inductive sensor eg S01, S04, S05 (two wires)
Hall - integrated sensor Hall, Optical, Namur eg H01, H02, H03, F03, N08
2) What type of ignition coils is used
Two-wire - common
Three-wire - common or digital (digital requires inversion of production outputs)
The unit ECU MASTER ignition has been functionally designed in order to control advance or injection of combustion engines of one, two or four cylinders, with whatever configuration of scanned teeth, types of sensors and features like 5D maps of advance and injection control, temperature, tachometer output, strobe lamp, charging control, engine speed and turbo preassure PID regulation, control switching on of fuel pump. Unit LITE contains only 2 TCI outputs.
The list of features mentioned above determines ECU MASTER ignition to be used either for a service or tunning replacement of conventional motorcycle or automobile ECU units, usable for ignition or injection coil control. The integrated redundancy of sensing, together with other key features makes ECU Master ignition very suitable for marine and aviation applications, moreover, thanks to the wide range of operating revolutions can be also used for turbines.
ECU MASTER LITE unit compared with MASTER standard is reduced by these signals AI2,AI3,AI4,DI2,DI3, DI4, PB,1OC,1OD,DO1,DO2. All software functions including injection support are preserved. In MASTER Control application is only necessary to choose HARDWARE VERSION → V7.X. Documentation at the bottom is however uniform for all versions of ECU MASTER units!
LITE - available units
TCI = output for inductive ignition coils or injection
MAP = MAP pressure sensor (older shortcut "P")
Hall = for Hall or Optical sensing
Inductive = for Inductive types of sensor
- ECU MASTER LITE - 2TCI - Inductive (2× outputs TCI; 3,5V up to 21V, INDUCTIVE sensing)
- ECU MASTER LITE - 2TCI - Hall (2× outputs TCI; 3,5V up to 21V, HALL or Optical sensing)
- ECU MASTER LITE - 2TCI - Inductive - MAP (2× outputs TCI; 3,5V up to 21V, INDUCTIVE sensing and integrated Pressure sensor, lenght 125mm)
- ECU MASTER LITE - 2TCI - Hall - MAP (2× outputs TCI; 3,5V up to 21V, HALL or Optical sensing and integrated Pressure sensor, lenght 125mm)
The MAP-Vacuum Sensor is suitable for 4 cylinder motors, allowing you to further capture the engine's negative pressure, thus indirectly positioning the damper on the engine, helping to optimize the overrun and thus improve engine performance.
- The power supply range of 3,5 to 21 V
- Working speed from 0 to 65 000 rpm
- Operating temperature -40 to 85 °C
- Based on FPGA technology and microprocessor support
- Mathematical model of the real engine rotation, 64bit
- Adjustable pick up sensing levels, A/D conversion of signals, ± 25.5 V, 1Msps
- Angular maps of teeth, the voltage levels for different speeds, filters capture
- Customizing the input type sensor: Induction, Hall, Optical, Hammer
- Advance and Injection control – optional 5D map of ±360° and 0 to 60ms
- Integrated oscilloscope, runtime visualisation of pick up and switching, ± 25.5 V, 1Msps
- Outputs TCI – MOSFET automotive 18A/650V
- Advanced functions – temperature, vacuum, vibration, tachometer, charging
- User configuration by PC – while in operation with possibility of status visualization
- Measurement of voltage, temperature and load of converters
- Records – long-term and common, engine hours
- Convenient Firmware Upgrade – regulary and easy updates via the website
- Rapid diagnosis function using LED
- Water protection IP65
|Supply voltage||TCI … 3,5V – 21V|
|Current Consumption||TCI … < 100mA|
|Working speed (range management)||0 – 65 000 rpm|
|Working temperature||-40 – 85°C|
|Input mode PA||±25.5V, ±0.1V, sampling 1Msps|
|Maps advance …||±360°, 8 x 256 pts, (0.1 - 65 000 rpm)|
|Maps injection …||0...60ms, 8 x 256 pts, (0.1 - 65 000 rpm)|
|Switching coil (1OA, 1OB) 2xTCI||TCI .. MOSFET automotive 18A/650V OVERVOLTAGE protection 360V|
|Digital inputs DI1||0 – 2V = L, 3 – 16V = H (Pull up 1kΩ)|
|Analog inputs AI1||AI1 … 0–5V;|
|Measurement of voltage (power supply)||3.5 – 21V (tol. ±2%)|
|Temperature measurement (inside housing)||-40 – 125°C (tol. ±2°C)|
|Resistance of primary winding coils*||TCI – Inductive, resistance 0.2–25Ω (Pull up 1kΩ)
TCI – Injection, resistance 0.2–25Ω (Pull up 1kΩ)
|Memory record||8kB RAM, 8MB FLASH|
|Status indication by LED||Blue|
|User Configuration - USB||Freeware software MASTER control|
|Package size||55 (100 for version with MAP pressure sensor) x79x16 mm|
* measured between terminals 1 (switching) and G (ground) for capacitive coil or 1 and 15 (supply) induction
|Marking||Meaning||Range, Active level|
|+||Voltage suply||3.5V – 21V|
|G||Earthing power, sensors||0V|
|1OA-1OB||Switching coils A-B or user outputs||TCI* - Inductive, resistance 0.2 to 25ohm (Pull up 1kΩ)
TCI* - Injection, resistance 0.2 to 25ohm (Pull up 1kΩ)
|PA||Rotation sensor A||±25.5V, minimum ±0.1V, sampling 1Msps|
|Analog input AI1
Digital input DI1
|AI1: 0-5V/ 0-10kΩ
DI1: 0-16V (Pull up 10kΩ)
* TCI output - other use (switching injectors, fuel pump, a stroboscope, tachometer etc.)
Preview of application
This is an operational display of function and status of ignition unit MASTER. In order to have functional display it is necessary to have USB connection and switch power supply on.
- Speed (rpm) and advance of engine [°]
- Sensor voltage PA, PB [V]
- Power supply [V] and Temperature [°]
- Converter CDI – Voltage [V], pulsed current [A] and load [%]
- Signals 1OA - 1OH, DI1, DI2, DO1, DO2, AI1, AI2, PA, PB
- Engine hours [s]
Maps of advance
Maps provide a fast tool to display and model individual curves in advance  –  in full angle range ±360°. The given figure influences the moment of output switch from 1OA to 1OH. By using digital (DI1, DI2) or analogue outputs AI1, AI2, PA, PB) it is possible to operationally switch among the maps.
- Editor maps in advance – quick draw of maps according to specified points
- Mouse modelling – direct editing of maps is possible by mouse movement
- Map shifting – whole map shifting or selected parts only
- Copying – copies of maps one to another of your choice
- Table – direct entry of specific points into table
- Filter – in-progress filtration, rounding the edges of maps
Configuring the sensing of engine rotation is the key part of ignition unit MASTER ignition. Within its setting it is possible to select Pick Up voltage sensing level and adapt this level for more range of engine speed. There are other settings to be selected such as filter setting, angles of Trigger Wheel teeth maps or alternatively second level of voltage for synchronisation.
Pick Up voltage sensing level and Trigger Wheel teeth map are predefined for many application Eg. BOSCH 60-2, BOSCH 36-2, BOSCH 2+1, BMW 36-1, FORD 36-1, SUZUKI 24-2, YAMAHA 16-2, HARLEY 32-2.
Oscilloscopic record is used in order to graphically visualise measured and calculated data. This helps to quickly evaluate the proper and accurate function of ignition unit MASTER. It can thus evaluate the correctness of voltage sensing, counting teeth of mathematic model of the real rotation and angels of closing of output coils.
An example to be given; curve angle of engine displacement must be regularly and horizontally increased from 0 to 360°. If there is any change of steepness in the curve or the angle is shorten, the problem is to be found either in wrong angle set up, number of teeth, the type of synchronisation or unsuitable voltage for sensing.
- Rotation sensor voltage, PA, PB [V]
- Tooth index of sensed blade, Tooth index A-B [-]
- Engine displacement angle, Angle A-B [°]
- Engine revolutions, Revolutions A-B [%]
- Outputs closing 1OA-1OH [-]
ECU MASTER LITE unit compared with ECU MASTER standard is reduced by these signals AI2,AI3,AI4,DI2,DI3, DI4, PB,1OC,1OD,DO1,DO2. All software functions including injection support are preserved. In MASTER Control application is only necessary to choose HARDWARE VERSION → V7.X. Documentation at the bottom is however uniform for all versions of ECU MASTER units!
|Name||Cena s DPH|
|ECU MASTER LITE – Type 2TCI - Inductive||175.45 €|
|ECU MASTER LITE – Type 2TCI - Hall||175.45 €|
|ECU MASTER LITE – Type 2TCI - Inductive - MAP||225.06 €|
|ECU MASTER LITE – Type 2TCI - Hall - MAP||225.06 €|
Common applications, 2x Output, Resistance = 0.6 Ω
Common applications, 1x Output, Resistance = 1.5Ω
Engine speed sensing from zero speed, three wires
Inductive pick up sensor, suitable for wide trigger wheels
Sensing engine rotation from zero speed, only two wires
Common applications, 2x Output, Resistance = 0.6 Ω